title

Photo by Jason DeVarennes

Friday, March 16, 2012

Signs of Spring

It's about 40 F and raining here today, a pretty typical spring day in the greater Boston area. Fear Rothar calls March the cruelest month. We start to see signs of spring. We get warm days with sunshine, and then, it seems on our days off, we get the dreary rainy days! Well I can't really complain. It's been a mild winter, although with some pretty good swings in temperature. But we are seeing lots of indications now of spring...

Emily and I were having a mid-ride lunch at Verrill Farm recently where they are starting to sell some seedlings.




The salamander crossing signs have appeared in Lincoln. 


The crocuses have popped up in my garden.


And one day this week, I arrived home with my pockets stuffed full with arm and leg warmers, gloves, and headband.



This was followed by the pinking of the skin and the renewed morning ritual of covering up with sunscreen. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela,

    Happy spring to you! Only icy crunchy vestiges of snow here, even. I don't know how fast word gets around about these things, or if you are interested, but there is a brand new cyclosportif this year, starting in Lenox. I'll make a ty at it. Then will see how that turns out. Lots of climbing for me.
    Suze

    ReplyDelete

test