title

Photo by Jason DeVarennes

Friday, September 20, 2024

Camprodon to Mas Pelegri

 

Pyrenees

September 20, 2024 

Camprodon to Mas Pelegri


I've been watching the weather forecast the entire time. Every day, it has shown rain a few days out, and every day, we've had spectacular bluebird skies. All good things must come to an end. We had a few sprinkles, but not the deluge I had feared we might face descending back to Serinya. We stopped in Beget and Besalú for coffee and lunch and finished our tour on gravel roads back from Besalú. 

We had a marvelous time. Scenery was amazing. Climbs were brutal. Descents were breathtaking. The weather held out. We had some hot days, mostly temperate days, cool nights, good for sleeping, and no mechanical problems.

I do have plans to have my frame modified to accommodate larger tires for next time. My original chainring is worn out, so when I replace it, I will go slightly smaller to give me the lower gear I wished for many times. I was very happy with the clothing I brought. I did not need the extra water bladder in my frame bag, so will go back to the smaller frame bag in the future. 

We already have plans to come back. John signed up for the Traka, next spring!



































No comments:

Post a Comment

test