title

Photo by Jason DeVarennes

Monday, September 9, 2024

Rocacorba, the gravel route


Pyrenees

September 9, 2024 

Rocacorba, the Hard F'n Way


We climbed Rocacorba on the paved road back in the spring. But for this trip, we were planning lots of gravel, so decided to warm up by climbing the gravel road up Rocacorba. I had no idea that this was to be a preview of things to come. I made it up the first part of the climb. The surface occasionally went from gravel to cement when the gradient got really steep, so I began to dread seeing the white surface up ahead, especially when it was grooved. 

Then we had a long descent, losing quite a bit of the elevation I had worked so hard to gain.. And then came the hard part. The surface turned quite chunky, and the cement sections, while smoother were brutally steep. We eventually made it to the top and descended the paved road.

John tried to tell me our tour wouldn't be this hard!

There are no photos of John, because it was hard enough that I couldn't get the phone out. However he does appear in the video. Be sure to click on the YouTube link, to see it full size. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

test