The 60ish mile rides from Ride Studio Cafe, in Lexington, MA, on Tuesdays at 10AM will hopefully be resuming in the spring.
We rotate through a series of rides that take in lovely quiet roads in the western suburbs (of Boston). We ride at a social pace, usually around 15 mph. Many riders use a GPS, and we all look out for each other, keeping the group together and on route. Each ride has a great lunch stop, and often some feature climb with a nice view. We take the whole day, usually returning to RSC at around 4PM.
Everyone is welcome who is willing to ride socially and enjoy the day out.
Note that testosterone poisoning is not tolerated. If you want to race, then go to bikereg.com and sign up for one. If you want to ride alone, then go ride alone. If you want a long, fun, social ride with a nice stop for lunch, then come join us.
Please send email to pb at blayleys dot com to let us know you will be joining - especially if the weather is dodgy. I admit it, if it is lashing down with rain, I may hesitate to ride over to the start, unless I know I'll have company!
Here's a list of upcoming rides, subject to change due to weather. Check back the day before to be sure. The first link is the GPS track for the ride. Load this in your GPS, if you have one. The second is a link for lunch stop.
- October 22 - Natick - lunch at Bakery On the Common
- October 29 - Sawyer Hill - lunch at Cafe 641
- November 5 - South Harvard - lunch at Harvard General Store
- November 12 - Bolton Flats - lunch at Bolton Orchards
- November 19 - Haystack Observatory - lunch at Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe
- November 26 - Paradise Lost Lake - lunch at Fihlo's Cucina
- December 3 - Noon Hill - lunch at Blue Moon Bagel Cafe
- December 10 - Concord - the long way - lunch at Trail's End Cafe
- December 17 - Pegan Hill - lunch at Dover Market
- December 24 - Harvard/Fruitlands - lunch at Harvard General Store
- December 31 - Harold Parker - lunch at Ryers Store